Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
January 16, 2019
CCID Main Office
1335 West I Street
Los Banos, Ca
CENTRAL CALIFORNIA IRRIGATION DISTRICT
AGENDA – REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Notice: One or more Directors may attend the meeting by conference call. The speaker phone will be available to the public in the Board meeting room. If a conference call occurs, all votes will be conducted by roll call.
- Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance
- Review of Agenda
The Board will consider corrections or additions to the agenda of items requiring immediate action that have come to the attention of the District following the posting of the agenda.
- Approval of Minutes – December 19, 2018
- Water Report and Informational Items
- Four Entities Watermaster’s report on reservoir storage and water supply outlook
- CCID water operations
- Report on individual water use by CCID consumers
- Update of various studies and water supply issues
- Public Participation
At this time, members of the public may address the Board on matters that are not on the agenda, which affect the operations of the District and are within the jurisdiction of the Board. The President may limit the time allowed for comment. (Members of the public may also address the Board on any matter on the agenda, when that item is brought up.)
- Annual Statement of Investment Policy
As provided by Government Code Section 53646(a), staff will present an Annual Statement of Investment Policy and Guidelines for 2019. No changes are being proposed to the policy as it was approved for the past six years. The Board will be asked to adopt Resolution No. 19-01 to approve the 2019 policy as presented.
- Annual Report of Expense Reimbursements
In accordance with District policy and State law, the Secretary will present a report on reimbursements made to employees and Board members in 2018. No Board action is expected to be taken.
- On-Farm Water Conservation Program
One or more conservation projects that have previously received preliminary approval from the Water Conservation Policy Committee will be described and the Board will be asked to approve incentive grants and/or loans for the projects, and to authorize the execution of the loan documents.
- Proposed License Agreement – PG&E Overhead Electrical Line
PG&E wishes to install an overhead power line across the East Ditch in the Dos Palos area, in order to provide electrical service for Matthew and Mandy Brinkley. The proposal meets the District’s engineering and legal requirements, and the Board will be asked to approve the license agreement, and to authorize the President and Secretary to execute the document on behalf of the District.
- Proposed Underground Pipe Crossing in District’s Right-of-Way
Betty Wooten, Trustee and the Wooten Family 2002 Revocable Trust have requested permission to install an underground pipeline in the East Ditch right-of-way. This proposed license agreement meets all District standards and is part of a water conservation project. The Board will be asked to approve the agreement and authorize the President and Secretary to execute the agreement on behalf of the District.
- Approval of December 2018 Warrants
- Monthly Financial Report
The Secretary will present figures through December 31 for water sales, revenues and expenses in comparison to the 2018 budget, receivables, investments, and reserve funds for water conservation loans and projects. No Board action is expected to be taken.
- Legal and Four-Entities Matters
General Counsel and the Executive Director/Manager will discuss with the Board current issues affecting the Exchange Contractors and CCID. Board action may be requested on any of these matters.
- Miscellaneous Business
At this time, Board members and staff may discuss matters that are not on the agenda which may affect operations of the District. No Board action is expected to be taken.
- Closed Session
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(a)) – Existing Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to Management and General Counsel with regard to Friant Water Authority, et al. v. United States Department of the Interior, et al.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to Management and General Counsel with regard to actions expected to be taken by the State Water Resources Control Board.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to the Four Entities’ Transfer Committee for the transfer of water.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to Management and General Counsel with regard to actions expected to be taken by Merced Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO).
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(a)) – Litigation – CCID/Firebaugh Canal Water District v. United States (Drainage litigation).
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Subsidence in Western Madera County and Merced County east of the San Joaquin River.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – San Joaquin River Restoration, including NRDC v. Rodgers, et al.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – SWRCB proceedings regarding salinity, San Joaquin River flows, State and Federal ESA as applied to Delta smelt, longfin smelt, steelhead and salmon.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Regional Board adoption of upstream salinity TMDL standards.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Litigation of rights to water from San Joaquin River, Kings River and Southern Delta.
Americans with Disabilities Act Assistance. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Secretary at (209) 826-1421 48 hours prior to the meeting. Every effort will be made by the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.