2019 Water Supply Information
February 4, 2019
Although the Bureau of Reclamation will not make its first official water supply declaration until sometime later this month, based on current hydrologic conditions at Shasta, the initial projections show that 2019 will be a non-critical year for CCID and the Exchange Contractors. The District’s Board of Directors has adopted a budget and water rate schedule based on a non-critical water supply under the Exchange Contract this year. However, there are continued uncertainties in the Bureau’s ability to operate the system, in particular because of potential restrictions to Delta export pumping. Therefore, the quantities shown below for the tiered pricing levels are subject to change. The District will provide updates immediately if conditions change.
IN-DISTRICT WATER SALES
January through October
- a. A 3-tiered rate schedule will apply to water used from now through the end of the seven-month summer block reflected in the Exchange Contract, ending October 31:
- Tier 1 – 0 – 3.20 acre-feet/gross acre – $13.00 /acre-foot
- Tier 2 – 3.21 – 3.70 acre-feet/gross acre (CCID Well Water) – $40.00 /acre-foot
- Tier 3 – Greater than 3.70 acre-feet/gross acre (Purchased Water) – $95.00 /acre-foot
- b. The per-acre quantities above represent how much water will be available, if needed, but the amounts are not guaranteed. The actual amount of water available is subject to the Bureau’s ability to deliver water to us, and limitations in the Exchange Contract.
November and December
- We generally have a good supply of water available in November and December, although availability may be limited depending on the need to perform winter maintenance and construction projects. Water available during this period will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, at $13.00 per a.f.