Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
March 13, 2019
CCID Main Office
1335 West I Street
Los Banos, Ca
CENTRAL CALIFORNIA IRRIGATION DISTRICT
AGENDA – REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Notice: One or more Directors may attend the meeting by conference call. The speaker phone will be available to the public in the Board meeting room. If a conference call occurs, all votes will be conducted by roll call.
- Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance
- Review of Agenda
The Board will consider corrections or additions to the agenda of items requiring immediate action that have come to the attention of the District following the posting of the agenda.
- Approval of Minutes – February 13, 2019
- Water Report and Informational Items
- Four Entities Watermaster’s report on reservoir storage and water supply outlook
- CCID water operations
- Report on individual water use by CCID consumers
- Update of various studies and water supply issues
- Public Participation
At this time, members of the public may address the Board on matters that are not on the agenda, which affect the operations of the District and are within the jurisdiction of the Board. The President may limit the time allowed for comment. (Members of the public may also address the Board on any matter on the agenda, when that item is brought up.)
- On-Farm Water Conservation Program
One or more conservation projects that have previously received preliminary approval from the Water Conservation Policy Committee will be described and the Board will be asked to approve incentive grants and/or loans for the projects, and to authorize the execution of the loan documents.
- Return of 1,000 a.f. Stored with Rio Bravo in 2017
The District will ask Rio Bravo Water District to return 1,000 a.f. of water stored in 2017. Staff will propose to then sell this water to Triangle T Water District at the Exchange Contractors’ transfer rate to help mitigate subsidence in the area. Board action will be requested.
- Schedule of Board Meeting
The Board will be asked to determine the need for a second meeting in March. Board action may be requested to cancel the March 27, 2019 meeting. In addition, the Board will be asked to discuss changing the schedule of Board meetings to the fourth Wednesday of each month thus eliminating the meetings that would have been held on the second Wednesday of the month.
- Approval of February 2019 Warrants
- Monthly Financial Report
The Secretary will present figures through February 28 for water sales, revenues and expenses in comparison to the 2019 budget, receivables, investments, and reserve funds for water conservation loans and projects. No Board action is expected to be taken.
- Proposed Agreement with the City of Newman
In the spring of 2018, the City of Newman approached the District asking for an avenue by which the City could provide a portion of its in-District water for agricultural use by some small parcels during critical years, in order to ease the burden for those parcels annexed into the City, detached from the District, and designated Class 2. This item was brought to the Board on December 19, 2018 and no action was taken. The Manager has worked to resolve the questions raised about the agreement with the City of Newman. Board action may be requested.
- Personnel – Succession Planning
Staff will present various avenues that the Board may wish to take prior to the General Manager leaving the District to join the Exchange Contractors’ office as Executive Director. Board action may be requested.
- Legal and Four-Entities Matters
General Counsel and the Executive Director/Manager will discuss with the Board current issues affecting the Exchange Contractors and CCID. Board action may be requested on any of these matters.
- Miscellaneous Business
At this time, Board members and staff may discuss matters that are not on the agenda which may affect operations of the District. No Board action is expected to be taken.
- Closed Session
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(a)) – Existing Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to Management and General Counsel with regard to Friant Water Authority, et al. v. United States Department of the Interior, et al.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to Management and General Counsel with regard to actions expected to be taken by the State Water Resources Control Board.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Discussion of and instructions to the Four Entities’ Transfer Committee for the transfer of water.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(a)) – Litigation – CCID/Firebaugh Canal Water District v. United States (Drainage litigation).
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Subsidence in Western Madera County and Merced County east of the San Joaquin River.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – San Joaquin River Restoration, including NRDC v. Rodgers, et al.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – SWRCB proceedings regarding salinity, San Joaquin River flows, State and Federal ESA as applied to Delta smelt, longfin smelt, steelhead and salmon.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Regional Board adoption of upstream salinity TMDL standards.
- (Government Code Section 54956.9) – Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/or Release.
- (Government Code Section 54954.9(b)(1)) – Anticipated Litigation – Litigation of rights to water from San Joaquin River, Kings River and Southern Delta.
Americans with Disabilities Act Assistance. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Secretary at (209) 826-1421 48 hours prior to the meeting. Every effort will be made by the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.